About Kirk Habicht
The Kirk-Habicht Company has been in business since 1907. The company was incorporated by Charles E. Kirk, and William C. Habicht. In the early years, the company produced brass parts - ship's telegraphs, speaking tubes, rails, etc. - and other hardware for ships docked in the Baltimore harbor. In 1947, George and Jennie Habicht bought the remaining stock from Charles Kirk.
In 1957, Dave Habicht joined his parents full time. At that time, The Company Produced 50% brass hardware and 50% springs. With the increasing mechanization of the industrial operations, springs became more important and a greater percent of their product line. The Kirk-Habicht Company was the only spring company in Baltimore and served the needs of all the local industries.
Dave took over the management of the company in 1967 at the time of his father, George's death. In 1969, the company acquired their first automatic spring coiler. In 1970, the City of Baltimore relocated the company to make room for the Inner Harbor revitalization.
The company took a step into the racing industry when Mark was approached by Team Lexus Racing about producing springs for their race cars. Team Lexus needed springs with closer tolerances on the rates of these springs. Through extensive testing we were able to correct this problem for them and Team Lexus went on to win The Grand Am Cup in for 2002
- To provide to our customers a quality product through fair, honest, and ethical business practices.
- To insure customer satisfaction through personal communications and rapid response to resolve our customers questions, problems and product requirements.
- To be responsive to customer needs especially during emergencies.
- To continually train ourselves and our employees to produce quality and competitively priced products and to make our employees more flexible and efficient.
Kirk-Habicht Management & Employee's